Have you saved any URLs to ma.gnolia since your last backup? It may be present in your Firefox history! I was able to recover all my un-backed-up ma.gnolia links (though not their descriptions or tags, of course) by this method:
- Show all history
- Filter by ma.gnolia.com/bookmarklet/
- Select all, copy
- Create new bookmark folder called `magback` (the name is important!)
- Paste into `magback` folder
- Show "Visit Date" column, sort by that
- Delete everything that was before your last backup
- Export as HTML, save as `extract.html`
- Use a text editor to add the following to the end of the file:
- Save these files in the same folder where you put `extract.html`: jquery.js, restore.js
- View the HTML page in Firefox
- A download box for an file will be generated. Accept the file, and name it something like `magnolia-import.html`.
- Import the new file into Firefox's bookmarks.
- Your recovered ma.gnolia bookmarks will be in a new folder called "Recovered from ma.gnolia".
- You can now delete the `magback` folder.